Saturday, February 7, 2009

The Perfect Canopy Bed

Ever since this stunning Miles Redd bedroom was pictured in Domino Magazine (how am I going to live without Domino?), I have been in search of the perfect canopy bed. Canopy beds seem to fall into one of two groups-either too elaborate with overdone headboards and footboards or too simple, stark, and boxy. I think these beds below strike the perfect balance. The first picture is of course the often duplicated and never matched bedroom by the brilliant Miles Redd. The fact that Mr. Redd got every single element in the room perfect doesn't hurt-I love the chinoiserie wallpaper, his use of blue in the stools, rug, and lamps, and the way he has turned the room into an indoor garden and the bed a birdcage. I also think he has shown us that canopy beds do not have to be reserved for the cavernous master bedroom suite. This bedroom is not huge and the bed looks perfect. In fact, you want a bed like this to make a statement and not get lost in a large space. 



This is my new favorite canopy bed. I love the gold leafed chinoiserie. By Annie Selke for Vanguard Furniture it can be found at Horchow and Neiman Marcus for $2379.



This stunningly elegant Italian Campaign Bed is available at Anthropologie. At $1698 for a queen size, it is very well priced for an investment piece that will last forever.


No comments:

Post a Comment